Your skin is silky smooth and hair free since having electrolysis in Milford NH! It is important to take extra care of the treated area, especially within the first 48-60 hours following a treatment.
After your hair removal treatment, you may experience one or more of the following normal skin reactions, for up to 48 hours.
- Pinkness to redness of the skin
- Slight swelling of the area.
- Sensitivity of the skin to touch.
- Pin dot crusting or small scabs may appear on treated body areas. If this occurs on the face, please consult your electrologist.
- The skin may itch immediately after the treatment. Try to avoid scratching the area.
After you have had electrolysis in Milford NH, there are a few things you should avoid for 48-60 hours:
- Keep hands off the area.
- Do not rub, scratch or squeeze the treated areas.
- Cleanse the area with 70% alcohol or witch hazel for 3 days.
- Apply a thin coating of antibacterial/antibiotic cream or ointment to the area for at least 3 days after treatment.
- Do not apply any non-medicated cosmetics, including moisturizers with “acids” as an ingredient, to the area during the healing period.
- Do not have a facial, dermabrasion, chemical peel, etc. for at least four days after an electrolysis treatment on the face.
- Avoid direct sunning for at least 48 hours after treatment, including tanning salons.
- If the underarm has been treated, do not use deodorant for at least 48 hours afterwards.
- Do not wear constricting clothing on treated body areas while healing.
Over a century of use has proven electrolysis safe, with no negative side effects. No other hair removal methods can claim such universal success. Remember to take good care of your skin after a treatment, in order to make your hair removal process as smooth as your skin. For more information, contact Nashua Electrolysis at (603) 888-3803 today!