Electrolysis treatment is the only medically approved treatment, recognized by the FDA, for permanent hair removal.
This very effective method is available through three different modalities, all providing their own positive benefits! All three treatments work by inserting a solid stainless steel probe into the hair follicle and then applying electrical current through the probe to destroy the hair germination cells. However, before Electrolysis treatment can begin, there are a few steps that you should know for preparation and then after-care.
Prior to an Electrolysis Treatment
- Well hydrated skin can help the electrolysis treatment be more effective. Therefore, it is recommended that the client drinks a bountiful amount of water prior to the appointment.
- NO deodorants, lotions or creams should be used on the treatment areas on the day of the appointment.
- When having treatments on the bikini line, it is recommended that one wears freshly laundered underwear or bikini bottoms.
- Temporary hair removal remedies should be discontinued as soon as the decision to have electrolysis has been made. If you find, for some reason, that you have to use a temporary method of hair removal, you should discuss this with your electrologist.
- Pain minimization is important to your electrologist! However, it always depends on the person. Ask your electrologist what they recommend for numbing agents or pain relievers prior to the appointment. Stay away from caffeine for at least 4 hours before a treatment and try to minimize the sugar and salt in your diet.
A consultation will help with any other queries you may have
- Following your appointment, your skin follicles will be open and sensitive. We will recommend an aftercare product which can be applied a few times daily to the treated area with a fresh cotton ball for each application. This will encourage skin healing and prevent infection.
- To attain the best results from your treatments, keep up with your appointments.
- If you do find small scabs, never pick them off as they are a part of the healing process. Keep in mind that picking may leave scars!
- For the next 1 to 2 days, keep the treated areas clean.
- Do not use sun beds or tanning processes for two days as these will affect the sensitive surfaces.
- Do not apply any products such as lotions, deodorants, powders, body sprays etc. to the treated areas for the next 48 hours, unless they have been recommended by your professional.
Any small bumps or redness are all very temporary reactions to the electrolysis treatment and perfectly normal immediately after an initial appointment! These reactions should disappear within a short period of time. Your electrologist will always be there for any questions or advice.
To start your electrolysis treatment call Nashua Electrolysis at (603) 888-3803 for your free consultation!