What Causes Hair Growth?
As a woman matures through puberty, pregnancy, and menopause, she experiences fluctuations in hormone levels that can lead to hair growth in undesired areas. Excessive hair growth for women and men may also result from hereditary factors, certain medications, illness, disease, topical stimulation, and stress.
Whether you have been temporarily removing your unwanted hair by tweezing, waxing, shaving, using depilatories, or disguising it with bleach, electrolysis will free you from the continuous maintenance of your bothersome hair growth.
Stages of Hair Growth
Every hair goes through three stages of hair growth before it falls out: anagen, catagen, and telogen. How long it stays in each stage is determined by the location of the hair. Electrolysis is most effective when applied to treat hair during the first phase, anagen. The follicle is deep, and the hair germinating cells are easily accessible.
When treatments start, the hairs will be in all different stages of growth. Regrowth will occur, allowing the electrologist to then treat the regrown hairs in the advantageous first stage of hair growth. Patients will notice their hairs becoming finer, having less color, and taking longer and longer to regrow.
The best way to treat the unwanted hair is to be aggressive with the treatment schedule. Consistent appointments will ensure that hairs get handled during the anagen stage of hair growth.
What Are Our Business Policies?
- Payment is due in full at the end of each appointment.
- Cash and personal checks are accepted. When paying by check, please make it payable to the electrologist providing the service. All electrologists are self-employed.
- Returned checks will be subject to our bank service charge.
- Patients will be charged in full for canceled or missed appointments unless notice is given at least 12 hours in advance. Therefore, please call at least 12 hours ahead to cancel or reschedule.
- Patients may not split an appointment session with another patient.
- Patients will be charged in full for their contracted appointment even if they are running late.
- It is Nashua Electrolysis’ policy to reserve the right to not work on specific areas for the comfort of our professionals and patients alike. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us!
- We do not answer the phone when working on patients, so please be sure to leave your full name, message, and phone number. We will promptly return your phone call.
- Nashua Electrolysis, LLC has a land line phone that does not accept text messages. You must call in to make, change, or cancel an appointment.
Consultation and First Treatment
All patients must have a consultation before their first treatment. During the consultation the electrologist will:
- Educate the patient on the process of electrolysis, hair growth, methods utilized, sterilization/disinfection practices, etc.
- Take a brief medical history
- Discuss the care and treatment of skin after treatment
- Review the business policies
During a Treatment the Electrologist Will:
- Ask the patient to lie down on the treatment table – relax
- Match size of hair with size of probe to be used for treatment
- Wash hands and put on gloves
- Cleanse the treatment area with alcohol or witch hazel
- Provide effective treatment
- Wash the treated area with alcohol or witch hazel
- Apply an antiseptic, antibacterial, or anti-inflammatory cream or ointment to the treated area.
- Clean up
- Make next appointment